Treeswift is building robots to operate in the world’s most complex environments. We are looking for a Data Engineer to scale Treeswift’s perception and analytics pipeline. Data encompasses LiDAR perception, computer vision, machine/deep learning to extract actionable forest metrics from raw sensor data. As a member of the Data team, you will design, prototype, and deploy algorithms used to process information collected from one of the most exciting and challenging environments, the forest.
We are a mission-driven company that places our customer needs front and center. As a result, some days will feature heavy development in the lab, and other days will feature rigorous testing in customer forests. We are solving problems that no one has solved before, so having an innovative mindset with an excitement for diving deep into the messiness of real-world robotics is critical.
- Design state-of-the-art deep learning, computer vision, and LiDAR perception algorithms for tree analytics.
- Design statistical sampling methods to accurately sample and survey large forest areas.
- Benchmark and evaluate developed algorithms on massive forest datasets to improve accuracy and processing speed.
- Be asked to learn and work on problems you may never have worked on before.
What we look for::
- The team operates in a production setting both in the field and on the cloud. The ideal candidate has strong software engineering skills and the ability to write production level code (unit tests, debugging/profiling, version control).
- The ideal candidate should be proficient in Linux, ROS, Python, TensorFlow, git, and have experience with drones, LiDAR, and camera sensors.
- Familiarity with AWS or a similar cloud platform is ideal.
- The ideal candidate is willing and excited to travel around the United States and the world to customer sites for extended periods of time.
We expect you to:
- Be direct and unafraid to voice your opinion succinctly.
- Have a clear understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses, and seek to help the team based on your strengths, and learn from others to improve your weaknesses.
- Be truth-seeking and scientific in your approach, but also efficient and have a get-things-done attitude.
- Thrive in a dynamic, diverse, team-oriented environment.
- Be open to criticism and feedback.
- Have high standards and levels of excellence - we are a team of world-class roboticists, data scientists, and foresters, and we like to work with the best.